Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

5K Update

Well I'm still doing it... 3 weeks left to train! I can't believe it has gone so fast. Last night I ran for 25 minutes straight, no walking. I know it doesn't sound like long, but it is fabulous for me. My goal right now is just getting the mileage, then I'll try to increase my speed. I'm running a very slow 4.8 mile an hour right now. Almost embarrassed to write that. I used to be pretty fast in school. There is no way I can keep up with RaNell. I guess I'll be running this one alone. That is actually ok with me. I get into a good grove when I'm alone. I'll be happy if I can finish with out any walking. That is the real goal. Even if I'm slow enough that the walkers beat me.

Any tips for increasing speed?

3 comments:

  1. Seriously, how old are your kids, 21?? They look so grown up. And, it must be said, you look great as well. Love the hair.

    Good luck on the running, I'm the last person to give tips on increasing speed.... I'm a leisurly pace kinda girl myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:28 PM

    i know RaNell and she really isn't all that fast, keep it up and you'll be close!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:44 PM

    i see you didnt like my last comment.
    any way good tip, remember your stride, the wider your step the faster you go and the less you work.
    see ya in a fue weeks
    rsg

    ReplyDelete