Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

My Fat Story

He was only trying to warn me...

Ok so here it goes. Last week I made a run to Smith's with all three of my boys (an adventure in and of itself). I was desperate to make a quick trip, but kept discovering more things that I needed. About a half hour into the shopping spree Larry looked at me and said, "Mom, you have a fat butt." I was not happy, but he's a young one and what does he know? I was more concerned with teaching him manners than actually upset about the comment. I told him that it wasn't a nice thing to say. He was not ever to say that to anyone else again. He counter with, "But mom you have a fat butt." The conversation went on sprinkled with "don't say that"s and "but mom"s. I progressively was more distressed that my lesson wasn't making its mark on him. At the height of my frustration, I bent down to get something off a low shelf and split my pants in half. Right across my fat butt. I rushed to finish my shopping praying that no one else would notice, but not wanting to make another trip to the store later. If anyone did notice they were tactful enough not to mention it.

I went home and cried. I looked for sympathy in my husband who busted up laughing. He literally couldn't stop. Why I was so upset was beyond his grasp. Next I told DeNae. She tried hard to give me the sympathy I was looking for. I'm so torn between thoughts of "I really need to do something about this" and "I need to learn to accept myself the way I am". I don't want to be miserable wishing that I could be something I'm not. I want to be as healthy as possible though.

My son was only trying to warn me...

3 comments:

  1. Oh Lacey! I'm so sorry! BTW-you do write really well,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:15 PM

    now that is a story that you should have called me about! LOL toooooo funnnnnnyyyyyy!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:21 PM

    Awwww, Lacey pooh! I guess you're right. If you want to work out with me I'm here, well, when I get some meds to counteract the tiredness! Take care sweetie.
    Hugs,
    Misty

    ReplyDelete