Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, November 07, 2008

An update on the last 13 weeks

I am13 weeks pregnant. This pregnancy has been quite different than the other three. So might say that is an indication that we are having a girl this time. I don't know. We will find out the sex the week of Christmas. We're excited for that extra little gift we will be receiving. We of course would love to have a girl! I think I could be equally as happy with another boy. Having another boy would be very convenient. I wouldn't have to buy new clothes or accessories. He could sleep in the same room with his brothers. A girl would be a totally new experience for me. Would I know how to play girls games? Could I be talented enough with hair design that she would be decent for public? I'd love to find out!

I've had two ultra sounds already. In week 10 I had some significant bleeding. We thought we (I) had miscarried or was in the process of it. It was very scary. I started bleeding in the evening and my doctor told me going to the ER wouldn't do any good. I received a blessing that "this would be a learning experience." Which didn't help me feel better about losing the baby. I stayed home and rested. In the morning, the bleeding had stopped and an emergency ultrasound was scheduled. Joey and I were thrilled to see the little bugger floating around in there and felt even better when we heard a good strong heartbeat. The baby was fine and everything (on the baby) looked normal. I had bled because the placenta had started to detach. That was another shocker...if the bleeding hadn't resolved on its own, I very easily could have hemorrhaged and I live an hour from the hospital. Thank goodness this was only a learning experience!


Here is a picture from the first ultra sound. If you look to the right top, the big black blob is the bleed area.

Ultrasound #2 was a follow up for #1. Baby is great, the bleed area is clearing up, and a lump they thought they found in my uterus is no longer there. I've had a couple more episodes of minor bleeding since then, but nothing I'm worried about. Who knew bleeding was so common in pregnancy? This is my fourth baby and the first time its happened.



In this picture its face is turned toward the camera and its arm is over its nose.

So anyway that was our little drama. Hopefully it is over with.

PS my due date is May 14. As much as I love you, Jim, I'm going to do my darnedest not to have it on the 13. I think every baby should have its own day. Therefore I will try not to have it on May 1, 4, 13, 14, 27 nor the 28. That leaves me plenty of days to push it out. What do you think?

8 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm thrilled for you. I hope you get a girl too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that both of you are ok!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww, Lacey! Don't have it on the 19th or the 21st either. Travis's b-day and our anniversary!
    Hugs,
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  4. nor the 5...you know Cinco de mayo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I'm glad everything is well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Or the 9th... LOL.. that's when my baby is due! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. awwww! I didn't know you were prego! CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm so happy for you guys! By the way...can't have it on the 7th! Hahah Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:20 AM

    Hi Lacey!

    This is Wendy (Hawkins). Congratulations on Baby #4! Got a hold of your blog through Jen's blog. I have 4 girls, lots of fun. Jerry has my email address, we'd love to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete