Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, May 24, 2010

Restless

The last several weeks I've been restless. The food I eat is good, but not good enough. The family time we spend together is fun, but always seems to be lacking something. I sleep a lot, but it isn't restful. When I'm a lone I want to be with someone, when I'm with someone I want to be alone. SIGH And I'm taking it out on Joey which is not fair to him. I'm trying to control it. It's just not working.

Joey should be getting his orders any day now. I think it is the stress of waiting that's becoming debilitating. We have no idea where we are going or when we are expected to be there. We just know that it is coming. This is the life we chose. I'm trying to fit all this "unknowing" into my very planned out methodical personality. I'm sure I have something to learn from this. I'll get there. It's just going to take a while.

Our good friends the Delks moved this weekend. The boys ran to their house crying when they saw the moving truck. We've spent almost every single day together since moving here. Joey and Delk went to basic together. They slept one bunk apart. Then transfered to the same AIT training facility. They have become family. A second set of parents to our kids. We love and miss them.

I'm amazed at how quickly we formed a bond. I'm not the social "bonding" type. I honestly thought we would move here and I would have few social interactions outside of Sunday meetings. I'm glad Nikki persude the friendship because I know I wouldn't have and I would have missed out. I've been blessed to get to know them. That's just one more thing I've learned in this journey. I'm sure there is much more to come. With out the Delks here, there is nothing emotionally tying us to Alabama. Knowing the end is in sight, I'm just ready to have it done and over with.

Taking one day at a time...maybe tomorrow will be the day.

1 comment:

  1. Curious to see where you end up! Enjoy each day, limbo is hard but there's a lot to miss by wishing for tomorrows.

    ReplyDelete